Friday, August 22, 2008

Lost and Found and Lost again...

Does anyone remember losing something as a child or teenager and just being so frustrated that you couldn't find it? If your house was/is anything like mine, then usually it was "Mom's Fault" that the precious belonging was missing! Now I am the Mom! Aaggh!

Every week we check out videos from the library for the kids. Last week when we went to return them, I was short one video- Rainbow Fish. Oops. I knew it was somewhere in the house, I was pretty sure downstairs. I just asked if we could check it out one more week so that we wouldn't be fined. "No Problem, Ma'am." So we went home, and along with our newly checked out DVD's, we were able to enjoy Rainbow Fish for one more week. Today I go to the library to return the DVD's and I'm short one. Yep, you guessed it, Rainbow Fish. Oh, but I can't check it out again...I've already renewed it once. So I am going to be fined 15 cents every day until I find and return it. Okay, I realize that 15 cents is not much when you are thinking of being overdue 1 or 2 days, even a week. But the problem is at this moment Rainbow Fish is "unfindable". I know that's not a word...I just mean, I CAN'T FIND IT! I've looked in all of the normal, expected places and it's not in any of them. Which is really a problem, because if it's not in a reasonable place then that means Ryan carried it around with him and left it somewhere strange. Or it means I picked it up and set it somewhere in haste and cannot recall, at all, where it is!

I hate moments like this, when I can't find something I'm looking for. Seriously, I think it warps my brain a little. I don't want to own Rainbow Fish.

I've bribed the children...$1 to spend at the dollar spot at Target to the child who finds the movie. What do I get if I find it : peace of mind, I guess. Mom if your reading this...have you seen Rainbow Fish?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

At least it's not $2/day like our library!! Oh, and I haven't seen Rainbow Fish, sorry. Did you ever find it?