Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Let's get caught up!

Summer is over...

I have been looking forward to the end of summer since before it began. Don't get me wrong, I love my children, and I love spending time with them, but I really love education. And I really love my children being educated 5 days a week in a classroom setting.

Last thursday Juliana went back to school. She started second grade and is SO excited to have Ms. Olson, a brand new teacher, to spend this year with. Yesterday we met Ryan's preschool teacher. He will start on August 27th and he is very excited!

I realize that it has been quite a while since my last posting. So here is the summer run down of our summer events...

*In May, the last day of school, I was admitted to the hospital with Rhabdomyolosis. The very short version of the story is that I severely damaged the muscles in my legs during a group cyling class. I don't recommend getting Rhabdomyolosis as it is VERY PAINFUL and I thought I was dying. So I was in the hospital for 4 days and was catered to...given all of my meals in bed and basically left alone to heal...it was wonderful and peaceful, despite the pain.

*In June, the family packed up and went to summer camps in Lexington, fun times. After camps, Chris had some time off and instead of taking a trip out of town we stayed home and did some things at the house like painting and "what-not" as he would say.

*July flew by. My brother, his wife and my niece came to visit, followed by Chris's brother and family. The rest of the month was mainly consumed with random youth events.

*August 1st, Chris flew to NYC for a missions trip. My mom came to visit, yeah. We ate out every day and I haven't been on the scale to see the damage. I have taken time off from the YMCA while I was healing, but planned to go back to working out when the kids started school, and for some reason the Y is closed all week...just my luck. I am forced to just not excersize for 1 more week...(I guess I could walk outside).

Juliana is lovely, wonderful and smart.
Ryan is an adorable, hilarious monkey.
Chloe is sweet, precious, an angel baby...and growing too fast!

Wish me luck, I'm going to try and do better!

No comments: