Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday Commentary

Well, today is Monday, so I guess it's time for the commentary. But, I can't really give one because I was not in the service yesterday. If you'd like to read about it, head on over to Chris's blog http://www.propempo.blogspot.com/. I was filling in for the preschool teachers because they both were needing to be absent yesterday. So I had the 3 year olds through kindergarten age. I was covering Ryan's class. Of course since his mom was the teacher he didn't think he needed to sit down when I said, and he was pretty upset when I called on the little girl to answer first instead of him. Sheesh. He doesn't reason well, I can't wait until he's a little better at it.

Anyway, the lesson was about Pentecost. So we sang a few songs and I read to them from the Jesus Storybook Bible (the events in the upper-room), and then we started our crafts which were windsocks with red streamers for the tail. When we look at our windsock blowing in the wind, we can be reminded of how God breathed life on His church. The Holy Spirit came, and it sounded like a strong, mighty wind. Tongues of fire appeared on their head (which kind of resembled the red streamers), and they spoke in languages that were not their own.


I was pretty wiped by the end of service. I think I have strep throat. Probably shouldn't have been around the kids, but I guess that's just how it goes sometimes. There wasn't really anyone to be the sub for the sub.

Stay tuned for another blog today (possibly). I was wanting some potato soup...something soft and easy on my throat. I found a really yummy recipe. I will try and post it later.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Josh does the same thing to me! What is with boys? I have a great potato soup recipe from Sister Harris but of course - it's @ home! Hope you feel better soon!